How Windows 10 Stuck On Checking For Updates? Here’s The Fix
While Microsoft has doubled-down on updates with Windows 10, there are some basic issues that make the update experience disappointing. Many Windows 10 users have complained within the recent past that the updates grind to a halt on checking for updates for several days and it doesn’t get away even after restarting the pc . during this article, we are getting to tackle this issue. we’ve offered two full-proof methods which may restart the Windows update service from scratch so you’ll install updates with none issue. That being said, let’s begin the article and study the steps intimately .
Fix Stuck on Checking for Updates Issue on Windows 10
First of all, we’ll undergo an automatic method where we’ll use a script file to reset the Windows Update Agent. Following that, we’ll use manual steps just in case the automated script doesn’t solve the “checking for updates” issue. confine mind, none of your personal data are going to be deleted in either process so no worries on this front. Now having said that, let’s begin without further delay.
• Resolve Checking for Updates Issue on Windows 10 with a Script
1. All you’ve got to try to to is download this ZIP file from here. It’s a script file written by
Manuel F. Gil to reset the Windows Update Agent. After downloading it, unzip the file on your computer.
2. Next, open it and right-click on “ResetWUEng” and choose “Run as Administrator”. confine mind, Administrator privilege may be a must to repair the checking for updates error on Windows 10.
3. Now, alittle window will open up posing for your permission to run the program. Type “Y” and hit enter.
4. Next, type “2” to pick “Resets the Windows Update Components” from the menu then hit enter. it’ll immediately start checking for corrupted update files and invalid values in Registry.
5. After an entire rundown, it’ll show an “operation completed” window within a couple of minutes. Now, close the window and restart your PC. The “Checking for Updates” error should be gone now on your Windows 10 PC.
• Resolve Checking for Updates Issue on Windows 10 Manually
1. If you’ve got some expertise on Windows 10, you’ll solve this problem without downloading any program. Just look for cmd within the search bar and click on on “Run as administrator” within the right pane.
2. then , paste the primary command in prompt and hit enter. it’ll delete the BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) file which could have gone corrupt during a transfer service. Now, close the window. Alternatively, you’ll find the qmgr.dat file from the trail below and delete the file manually.
Del “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat”
3. Now, press Windows and R keys directly to open the Run window. Type services.msc within the text box and hit enter.
4. it’ll open the Windows Service Manager. Here, scroll down and appearance for “Windows Update”. Now, double-click thereon to open the service then click on the “Stop” button.
5. After a short time , click on the “Start” button to restart the service. Now, close the window and restart your computer. this point you ought to not be stuck on Checking for Updates error on Windows 10.
Is Your PC Still Stuck on Checking For Updates Error?
So that was our short tutorial on how you’ll fix checking for updates issues on Windows 10. we’ve mentioned both automatic and manual methods so you’ll choose whichever one you discover easier to use. aside from that, most of the time, the Windows update gets stuck thanks to issues like metered usage of your network or corruption within the downloaded image. Anyway, that’s all from us. If our guide helped you fix the difficulty , do allow us to know within the comment section below.