Not many know this, but Windows 10 features a Password Expiry feature that discontinues your password after a particular number of days.
Microsoft believes that periodic password expiration protects the user from unauthorized access. While the feature surely sounds good, but most of the time, it finishes up being a hassle to several users. So during this article, we bring you a one-stop guide to repair the “Windows 10 password expired” error once and for all. And just in case, you would like to customize the number of days for password expiry then you’ll do this also. With all that said, let’s now go head ahead and study the steps.
Resolve Windows 10 Expired Password
1. First of all, if you’re getting “Your password has expired and must be changed” error then there’s nothing to stress. Just click on the “OK” button and Windows will allow you to vary the password then and there. Keep in mind, you’ll need to enter the old password.
2. Once you’re logged in with a replacement password, now disable the Windows password expiry feature in order that it doesn’t occur again. Right-click on “My Computer” or “This PC” and open “Manage”.
3. it’ll open the Computer Management window. Here, expand the “Local Users and Groups” menu and open “Users”. Now, right-click on your username and open “Properties”.
4. Now simply, untick the “Password never expires” checkbox and click on on the “OK” button. That’s it. Now onwards, your password on Windows 10 won’t expire.
5. In case, you don’t want to outright disable this feature then you’ll extend the number of days after which the password will expire on Windows 10. Press the Windows key once and sort “group” within the search bar. Now open “Edit Group Policy”.
6. Here, navigate to Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Account Policies -> Password Policy.
7. Now, double-click on “Maximum password age” and increase the number of days consistent with your preference. then, click on the “OK” button and you’re done.
Fix Your Password has Expired and Must be Changed Error
So that is how you’ll resolve the password expiry error on Windows 10. the great part is that Windows allows you to vary the password if you remember the old password. This ensures that you simply don’t need to undergo any hacky solution. then, you’re liberal to disable the feature or customize the number of days. during this article, we’ve mentioned both the methods so you’ll easily make the changes, consistent with your preferences. Anyway, that’s all from us. If you found this guide helpful then do comment down below and allow us to know. You can also go with How to speed up your computer?