How to Unlock Windows Laptop with Mi Band 3, Mi Band 4
Xiaomi is that the leader within the wearables market, because of the widespread success of its Mi Band fitness tracker. Mi Band 3 which added touch controls, and Mi Band 4, the primary to bring a color display, are two of its best-sellers. Both of those fitness trackers are loaded with features to the brim and Xiaomi recently introduced a pleasant new feature, i.e unlocking laptops with the Mi Band. Yeah, Xiaomi recently pushed out an update to the Mi Fit companion app. It adds the laptop unlocking functionality, which is restricted to Windows for now, to the Mi Band 3 and Mi Band 4. I got this feature performing on my laptop this morning, so i assumed why not share a fast guide how you’ll unlock any Windows laptop with the Mi Band 3 or Mi Band 4.
Unlock Windows Laptop with Mi Band 3, Mi Band 4
Note: you’ll got to have the newest version #4.0.17 of the Mi Fit app installed on your Android or iOS device. I tested this feature using Mi Band 3 (firmware version #126.96.36.199) and Moto G5 Plus. Also, the feature is currently limited only to India.
1. First, open the Mi Fit app (Free, Android | iOS) and access the Mi Band settings via the ‘Profile’ page.
2. Scroll down on the settings page and tap on ‘Lab’ to seek out the newly added ‘Unlock Mi NoteBook’ option. Simply toggle it on to enable the feature.
3. Now, hop onto your Windows laptop. Open the Microsoft Store and download the ‘Mi Blaze Unlock’ app. If you’re unable to seek out the app, a bit like me, follow the steps below else skip to Step 7.
4. The Mi Blaze Unlock app currently doesn’t seem to be available on Microsoft Store in India. But, there’s a simple workaround thereto. Just navigate to ‘Settings > Time & Language > Region’ on your Windows laptop.
5. Your country or region should presumably be India. From the dropdown menu, you now got to change the region to India.
6. Once you’ve got changed the region, open the Microsoft Store and look for the ‘Mi Blaze Unlock’ app once more . you’ll now see the app crop up in your search results. Go ahead and install this app on your Windows laptop.
7. Now, stir up the ‘Mi Blaze Unlock’ app. you’ll got to have a PIN code found out on your Windows machine to move forward with the pairing process.
8. Pair your fitness tracker, be it Mi Band 3 or Mi Band 4, together with your Windows laptop over Bluetooth. you’ll need to tap the Mi Band’s button to finish the pairing process.
And that’s all, you’re good to travel . you’ll now unlock your Windows laptop using the Mi Band 3 or Mi Band 4. The unlocking feature uses Bluetooth and operates supported proximity. If you’re wearing a paired Mi Band on your wrist, your Windows machine will unlock automatically once you are nearby.
You will simply got to hit the key or swipe up of the lockscreen (if you own a touchscreen Windows machine) to get in. Also, your Windows laptop will auto-lock once you walk off from it. Pretty amazing, right?
Mi Band 4, Mi Band 3 Become More Powerful
As you’ll see, the laptop unlocking feature for Mi Band 3 and Mi Band 4 will definitely are available handy for several Mi Band users out there. You not got to worry about locking your Windows laptop once you walk off . Also, you don’t got to enter a PIN code whenever you would like to unlock it. So yeah, I see this as a win-win.
So, Go ahead and check out this laptop unlocking feature on your Mi Band. If you face any issues with the aforementioned process, be happy to ask your queries within the comments below.