WhatsApp regularly brings new and useful features for its Android and iPhone chat apps. one among the recently added features on Android is that the ability to feature a fingerprint lock to WhatsApp Messenger. This suggests that you simply can’t access WhatsApp chats without unlocking the app via a fingerprint saved on the phone. Of course, you would like a smartphone with a fingerprint sensor for this to figure and therefore the latest version of WhatsApp. Fingerprint lock feature on WhatsApp for Android works with phones that have a capacitive fingerprint sensor, and people that have an in-display fingerprint sensor. During this article, we’ll describe the way to add a fingerprint lock to WhatsApp on Android.
Now, this feature has been available on WhatsApp for iPhone since February this year, and it first appeared during a beta build for WhatsApp’s Android users back in August.
Here’s the way to found out WhatsApp fingerprint lock on your Android smartphone.
How to found out fingerprint lock on WhatsApp for Android
Before proceeding, confirm you’ve got installed WhatsApp version 2.19.221 or above by heading over to the WhatsApp page on Google Play. Once that’s done, simply follow these steps to secure your WhatsApp chats on Android with fingerprint authentication.
1. Open WhatsApp > tap the vertical three dots icon on the top-right and attend Settings.
2. Attend Account > Privacy > Fingerprint Lock.
3. On subsequent screen, activate Unlock with Fingerprint.
4. Additionally, you’ll also set the duration after which you will have to use your fingerprint to unlock WhatsApp. It are often set to right away, after a moment or after half-hour.
5. Further, you’ll also choose if you would like to point out the message content and sender within the notifications or not.
Now whenever you open WhatsApp, counting on the automated lock duration you’ve set, you’ll got to apply your fingerprint to unlock the app. and that is how you’ll set WhatsApp fingerprint lock on your Android smartphone.
Like Android, WhatsApp also allows biometric lock feature on iPhone. While the iPhone models that support Face ID can use face recognition to secure that chat messages, the iPhone models with Touch ID can use fingerprint lock. The biometric identification are often enabled by getting to WhatsApp Settings > Account > Privacy > Screen lock.
For more tutorials visit our Topics section.