How to Install iTunes on Chromebook
While the bulk of yank classrooms are crammed with Chromebooks, it’s equally true that a lot of users prefer iPhones as their primary device. And eventually, that results in incompatibility between two distinct ecosystems created by Google and Apple. Yes, i’m talking about running iTunes on Chromebook and the way you’ll catch on working. Well, during this article, I bring you an in depth guide the way to install iTunes on Chromebook. we’ll also discuss the performance of iTunes on Chromebooks so you recognize what to expect from the app.
Install iTunes on Chromebook in 2020
Here, we’ve explained the way to get iTunes performing on your Chromebook thoroughly. to offer you an summary , we are using Wine app which is popular for running Windows apps on Linux systems. In tandem, we’ll install the Windows version of iTunes on our Chromebook through the Linux container. Now having said all of that, let’s undergo the steps without further delay.
1. First and foremost, you would like to enable Linux then found out Wine on your Chromebook. we’ve written detailed guides separately so follow the above-linked articles and you’ll be ready for subsequent step.
2. Now, let’s go ahead and download iTunes for Chromebook. Confine mind, the 64-bit version doesn’t work properly on Chromebook and displays a black window. So, download this specific 32-bit version of iTunesfrom here. The build is 12.9.3 from August, last year.
3. Next, rename the file to something easier like “itunes.exe” and move it to the Linux section.
4. Having done that, open the Terminal and execute the below command to vary the Wine architecture to 32-bit. confirm to sure yourusername to the particular username assigned to your Chromebook. for instance , if your email ID is Abc.firstname.lastname@example.org then your username are going to be abc123. If a Wine window exposes , so click on the “Ok” button.
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=,home,yourusername,.wine32 winecfg
5. Next, run the below command to put in the 32-bit version of iTunes on Chromebook. Again, confirm to vary your username. Instantly, an installation window will open up. Click on “Next” and proceed with the setup.
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=,home,yourusername,.wine32, wine itunes.exe
6. After the installation, click on “Finish” and voila, there you’ve got it. iTunes successfully running on Chromebook.
Create Shortcut for iTunes on Chromebook
You have successfully installed iTunes on Chromebook and a shortcut has also been created within the App Drawer inside Linux folder. However, once you click thereon , the shortcut doesn’t open iTunes thanks to an incorrect file path. So, to repair this issue, follow these steps.
1. Open the native File Explorer and move to the Linux section. Here, click on the 3-dot menu and enable “Show Hidden Files”.
2. Now, navigate to the subsequent path: .local -> share -> applications -> wine -> Program Files -> iTunes.Here, you’ll find iTunes. Desktop file which is that the shortcut that we’d like to edit. So, right-click thereon and choose “Open With”. Here, choose the Text app to open the file. In case, you don’t have the Text app, install it from here.
3. Having done that, copy the below path and paste it just after Exec= . confine mind, do change yourusername to the particular one.
env WINEPREFIX=”,home,yourusername,.wine32″ wine,home,yourusername,.wine32,drive_c,Program Files,iTunes,iTunes.exe”
4. Now, save the file and shut the Text app. Finally, open iTunes from the App Drawer and this point , it should launch perfectly fine. you’ll further pin iTunes to Chrome Shelf also .
Having said all of that, the foremost disappointing part is that iTunes crashes whenever you are trying to check in to your account. So, neither you’ll access your media library locally nor through the cloud. beat all, iTunes on Chromebook isn’t an honest experience and you ought to search for other options.
Take a glance at iTunes for Chromebook
So that is how you’ll get iTunes on your Chromebook. While the installation process isn’t that straightforward , you’ll definitely try it on your device. Once you’ve got found out Wine, the method becomes a breeze. aside from that, on the performance front, iTunes didn’t work well but do provides it an attempt and see how well it fares on your Chromebook. Anyway, that’s all from us. If you’re facing some trouble while making it work, do comment down and allow us to know the difficulty . we’ll definitely take a glance . And whenever we discover a correct build of iTunes working successfully on Chromebooks, we’ll definitely allow you to know.