How to Access the WindowsApps Folder on Windows 10
For an extended time, Windows has been storing app data and cache files within the Program Files folder. However, with Windows 10, Microsoft has moved the app data storage to a sandboxed folder called WindowsApps. The said folder is primarily created for storing data of recent apps like UWP, Electron, and PWAs. Further, the folder is locked out from user’s access to supply high data integrity and security against malware. Having said that, the surprising part is that you simply can’t access the folder albeit you’ve got the administrator privilege. So during this article, we bring you a step by step guide the way to access the WindowsApps folder on Windows 10.
Access WindowsApps Folder on Windows 10
As I said, albeit you’re an Administrator, you can’t access the WindowsApps folder. It’s because the folder is ‘owned’ by the system. aside from Admin privilege, there are other permissions too on Windows 10 like ownership, read and execute, assign attributes, and more. So you would like to share the ownership of the folder to your user account then you’ll have access to the WindowsApps folder on Windows 10.
1. First off, open C:\Program Files\ and you’ll find the “WindowsApps” folder. Now, right-click thereon and open “Properties”.
2. Next, move to the “Security” tab then click on the “Advanced” button.
3. Here, select “TrustedInstaller” from the Permission entries then click on the “Change” button.
4. Now, enter your account username within the “object name” box. don’t mistake your username with the account name or Microsoft account. to seek out the right name, open the C:\Users location and check the folder name of your account. That’s your actual username.
5. Next, click on the “Check Names” button and it’ll validate your details by adding the pc location. Now, click on the “Ok” button. In case, it throws a mistake then it means you’re entering the incorrect username. Enter the right one and check out again.
6. Now, enable the checkbox for “Replace owner on…” and click on on the “Apply” and “Ok” button subsequently. it’ll apply all the changes and can share the ownership with you.
7. Now, close the File Explorer and open the WindowsApps folder again and this point , you’ll be ready to access the WindowsApps folder with none issue.
Access WindowsApps Folder and Delete Unnecessary Files
So that was our short guide the way to access the WindowsApps folder on Windows 10. As we saw above, the steps are quite simple and easy . you’ll further plow ahead and delete files that have taken space excessively. While this tutorial was almost the WindowsApps folder, you’ll apply an equivalent steps while accessing other folders owned by the system. in order that is all from us. If you would like to find out similar tricks about Windows 10 then undergo our linked article. And if you’re still facing some issues, do allow us to know within the comment section below.