Chrome OS is Missing or Damaged? Here’s the Fix
Unlike Windows, Chrome OS is pretty lightweight and snappy, but sometimes, it also encounters some weird errors out of the blue. “Chrome is missing or damaged” error on Chrome OS is like the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error on Windows systems. If you’re facing this issue on your Chromebook, there’s no easy thanks to return and you’re likely to lose your local files. Nevertheless, to bring your Chromebook back to life, during this article, we explain the recovery steps in great detail. So, with none delay, let’s begin and find out how to repair “Chrome is missing or damaged” error.
Fix Chrome OS is Missing or Damaged Error
1. If you’re stuck at “Chrome OS is missing or damaged” screen then press Ctrl + D shortcut to open the Chrome Recovery Window. then , press the “Enter” key then follow the on-screen instructions to reset your Chromebook. confine mind, this process will completely wipe your device including the local storage. However, after the reset process, your Chromebook are going to be back running flawlessly.
2. However, if the Ctrl + D keyboard shortcut doesn’t work then you’ll need to create a recovery media using another computer. you’ll use any system, be it Windows, macOS or Chrome OS itself to make the recovery media. All you’ve got to try to to is install this Chromebook recovery utility app on your Chrome browser.
3. Next, insert a thumb drive or SD card on the pc you’ve got installed the recovery utility. Now, launch the app and click on on “Get Started”.
4. Here, you would like to pick the Chromebook model in order that it can download the precise Chrome OS image for your device. then , click on the “Continue” button.
5. On subsequent screen, choose the removable device (thumb drive or SD card) you’ve got inserted and click on on the “Continue” button. Finally, it’ll download the image and can also create the recovery media automatically.
6. Once it’s done, insert the thumb drive or SD card on your broken Chromebook while being on the “Chrome OS damaged/missing” screen. it’ll automatically detect the recovery media then you’ll follow the on-screen instructions to recover your Chromebook. Finally, “Chrome is missing or damaged” error are going to be gone. Also, confine mind, the local storage are going to be completely wiped during this process.
Resolve Chrome OS is Missing or Damaged Error immediately
So that is how you’ll fix missing or damaged error on Chrome OS. If you’re wondering what causes Chrome OS is missing or damaged error, well, mostly it happens thanks to Input/Output glitches and corruption of system files. The disappointing part is that, once it occurs, you can’t get your files back. So, it’s advised to always sync your local files and folders with Google Drive. Anyway, that’s all from us. If you found the article helpful, do comment down below and allow us to know.